!c0n
Register using your ps3 name.
!c0n
Register using your ps3 name.
!c0n
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcom to the Forum's

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Call of Duty 4
Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 5:02 am by Clan President
All things COD4

Comments: 14
Modern Warfare 2
Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 5:03 am by Clan President
All things Modern Warfare 2

Comments: 50
How many have stared on the first call of duty
Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:11 am by FullMettalPanic
I stared on the first call of duty on pc and got in to the Black hats (clan). And that stared me on haveing a clan.

Comments: 4
Statistics
We have 41 registered users
The newest registered user is mozman1991@hotmail.com

Our users have posted a total of 387 messages in 48 subjects

Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person

Go down 
+7
rmlurnz (AGENT)
FullMettalPanic
under_method (AGENT)
monkarama
Rudeboi13
IconNoxide (AGENT)
Clan President
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Clan President
Admin ( President )
Admin ( President )
Clan President

Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person Empty
PostSubject: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:09 am

Hmm...maybe this is one of the "big surprises" Infinity Ward told us about a few weeks ago.

The rumors that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 might somehow offer the option to play from a third-person perspective have actually been confirmed as truth. Earlier, leaked media showed what appeared to be a menu option for a third-person perspective and then, in a G4TV promotional e-mail sent to Ripten, we hear about "never before seen co-op play from two wildly different perspectives." It didn't take long for IW community manager Robert Bowling to confirm everyone's suspicions but also clarifies that it's "not something you can toggle on and off in ANY game." You can toggle it for private matches online and once selected, everyone will have to play from that view; Bowling just calls it "another cool way to play the game." Clearly, this is a game that thrives on the strength of its extremely polished first-person shooter mechanic but if everyone hasn't noticed, third-person shooters are definitely holding their own this generation. The PS3 exclusive franchise Uncharted and the Xbox 360 exclusive series Gears of War are great examples.

The only question is, will you be interested in trying out this third-person view in Modern Warfare 2? Is this something that can be viewed as an appreciated option or little more than an additional gimmick? Your call.

Last edited by Clan President on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://icon.spruz.com/
IconNoxide (AGENT)
AGENT
AGENT
IconNoxide (AGENT)

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 1:43 pm

I wouldn't use it because it will feel a lot differnt then what CoD would really feel like
Back to top Go down
http://www.icon.spruz.com
Rudeboi13
Forum !c0n
Forum !c0n
Rudeboi13

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 1:52 pm

i agree with noxide, it would not feel like cod anymore
Back to top Go down
monkarama
Forum Junkie Lvl 2
Forum Junkie Lvl 2

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:35 pm

Im still going to use 1st person
Back to top Go down
Rudeboi13
Forum !c0n
Forum !c0n
Rudeboi13

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 4:33 pm

the only way i will use 3rd person is if it a achivment or something Razz
Back to top Go down
under_method (AGENT)
AGENT
AGENT
under_method (AGENT)

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 5:11 pm

Yeah I'm not too sure on the whole 3rd person thing, I might try it out, but CoD made their name popular by being a wicked FPS so I don't know why that's one of their big surprises. I mean they already had the code (because we've seen third person spectating) they just made some adjustments, like when you go ADS and stuff.
I don't know it seems a little bit too much or a leap. But who knows.
Back to top Go down
FullMettalPanic
Forum Junkie Lvl 2
Forum Junkie Lvl 2
FullMettalPanic

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 5:14 pm

I would have to say 1FPS all the way
Back to top Go down
FullMettalPanic
Forum Junkie Lvl 2
Forum Junkie Lvl 2
FullMettalPanic

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 5:18 pm

And in MW2 i am going to miss 3X nades
Back to top Go down
Rudeboi13
Forum !c0n
Forum !c0n
Rudeboi13

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 8:42 pm

i honestly like that they took out x3 frag lol!
Back to top Go down
rmlurnz (AGENT)
AGENT
AGENT
rmlurnz (AGENT)

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:19 pm

I dunno I'm kind of stoked for 3rd person... Yeah yeah CoD is and always will be an epic first person shooter. But CoD was never made famous by have free-for-all hardcore, old school, pistols and knives only matches - and we have fun with those too.

Sure it may not be what we play most of the time but i think it will a fun addition just change the game mechanic. Kill the redundancy (not that i expect that to happen) and just widen your appreciation for the game that we know and love.

My 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Clan President
Admin ( President )
Admin ( President )
Clan President

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:52 pm

rmlurnz wrote:
I dunno I'm kind of stoked for 3rd person... Yeah yeah CoD is and always will be an epic first person shooter. But CoD was never made famous by have free-for-all hardcore, old school, pistols and knives only matches - and we have fun with those too.

Sure it may not be what we play most of the time but i think it will a fun addition just change the game mechanic. Kill the redundancy (not that i expect that to happen) and just widen your appreciation for the game that we know and love.

My 2 cents.
I agree with LURNZ. It will just be an option. An option that in no way effects your online play or your single player, so i think IW did a great job adding it.
Back to top Go down
http://icon.spruz.com/
FullMettalPanic
Forum Junkie Lvl 2
Forum Junkie Lvl 2
FullMettalPanic

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 5:34 pm

Rudeboi13 wrote:
i honestly like that they took out x3 frag lol!
you get fraged a lot dont you lol!
Back to top Go down
IconShazzbot
AGENT
AGENT

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 7:35 pm

i would definitly like to try the 3rd person option, it would change not just the game play but the game experience, but love first person shooters cuz it makes u feel like ur in the battle, so imma stick with first person
Back to top Go down
IconNoxide (AGENT)
AGENT
AGENT
IconNoxide (AGENT)

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 7:45 pm

i doesn't seem to appeling to me but ill give it a try
Back to top Go down
FullMettalPanic
Forum Junkie Lvl 2
Forum Junkie Lvl 2
FullMettalPanic

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:45 am

IconNoxide (AGENT) wrote:
i doesn't seem to appeling to me but ill give it a try
I thank i will do the same i would like to try but.... I don't thank i will be loving it
Back to top Go down
Rudeboi13
Forum !c0n
Forum !c0n
Rudeboi13

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:06 am

I think it will appel to some people but i think alot of people will go back to first person
Back to top Go down
cbeast23
Forum Junkie Lvl 2
Forum Junkie Lvl 2
cbeast23

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 4:59 pm

i dont think the third person will be a hit. it will probably fail.
Back to top Go down
b-ee_bo
Forum Noob Lvl 1
Forum Noob Lvl 1

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 2:13 am

when I used to play starwars battlefront i loved 3rd person shooters now i hate em coz it blocks part of your view.
Back to top Go down
Rudeboi13
Forum !c0n
Forum !c0n
Rudeboi13

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 6:13 pm

i think people are going to find ways to use it in there advantage
Back to top Go down
UnderMethod_ICON
Community Manager
Community Manager
UnderMethod_ICON

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 7:56 pm

True, there's always someone that finds a way to use everything to their advantage.
I'm kinda in between on the whole 3rd person thing. People have brought up a lot of good points, and I'm actually kinda excited to try it out. Yeah I'll probably still prefer 1st but I think it'll be a cool aspect to it. Even if it seems a bit "out there", could be pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
IconNoxide (AGENT)
AGENT
AGENT
IconNoxide (AGENT)

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 8:49 am

Well, cod was never a 3rd person game in the first place so i think it won't succed
Back to top Go down
cbeast23
Forum Junkie Lvl 2
Forum Junkie Lvl 2
cbeast23

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 3:51 pm

under method is right. but i just hope they dont allow you to play 3rd person with 1st person people. they should have specific game modes dedicated to 3rd person.
Back to top Go down
UnderMethod_ICON
Community Manager
Community Manager
UnderMethod_ICON

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:14 am

haha yeah it's seperated, everyone playing 3rd has to and same with 1st
Back to top Go down
IconNoxide (AGENT)
AGENT
AGENT
IconNoxide (AGENT)

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 8:54 am

yea that's true
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person   Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person Empty

Back to top Go down

Modern Warfare 2 in 3rd Person
Page 1 of 1